Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Roller blades, puzzles and a glimpse of it all

Isn’t life just funny? For the last 3 weeks my life has been running in full speed as if I had put on roller blades fueled by dynamite. And, although I’ve been complaining about how I haven’t had time to relax, to just ‘scratch my belly’ and smell the roses, truth is I guess, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

For as long as I can remember I had always pictured my life running around from one plane ride to the other, giving presentations and just living the fast life. And, for the last few weeks, more or less, I’ve had a taste of that. Although almost coming to an end, at least for a couple of months now, I’m just glad that I’ve been able to get a glimpse of it all. And, although my gym membership is laughing its behind at me, I’ve been able to get a test ride of the life I once talked about at one of those “almost graduating from high school/what the heck will you do for the rest of your life/career orientations”.

In these 3 weeks of the ‘oh so jet set life’ I’ve come across with wonderful people that somehow are paving the way to that life that I’ve been daydreaming about for so long. Although they might not know it, those conversations in the car on our way to the airport or to the next hotel, have kept repeating in my head. Although they might not know it, they’ve given me some pieces to the puzzle I’ve started putting together of the life I can see myself already having.

And now, while sitting down on a bed with sheets and pillows that are just so damn comfortable, I’m grabbing the bull by its horns… Oh well, at least the life that has been running on roller blades for the last weeks, and I can only help to smile while I put the pieces down and see my puzzle just coming together.

No comments: