Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Take the “just get over it exit” right after the “so what”

Ok, bare with me; I’ve taken the ‘what is life if not what we make it to be road’, and can’t seem to get myself off of it. I guess by now we are more than aware that the older we get, the faster time seems to go by. Probably because life starts to take the “routine” road and we wake up when our alarm tells us to wake up, we do what we usually do every M-F, and try to make the most out of the weekends.

And yet, although we know it is not going to happen, we are always looking for ways to slow down the clock or get on the “go back in time” road. Perhaps because half the time we are living in denial and the other half we are just still trying to figure things out. So we believe that, by thinking that time might just slow down or that we’ll be one of the firsts to get on board on that time machine, we’ll actually be able to get back to that “unfinished business” road, to that “childhood memory that defined our adulthood” street or on the “one-to many times” highway and be able to make a U turn.

I'm glad to say that at least after a long way on the ‘just get over it’ and the ‘so what’, I’ve managed to get myself on “the life you’ve always wanted” road. I still have a lot of miles to go but, gosh, I know I'll get there. Though, if I had only had a GPS system integrated since the day I was born or if I had done a Mapquest search first, I know I would have save myself a lot of time. But, such is life.

I'll keep it short, got to save some time. I’ve hit the road, and I ain’t turning back. I’ll see you there if you take the same exit.

No comments: