Sunday, March 4, 2007

Prince charming, bottom line and other things here and there

After a few consecutive weekends scheduling my time to hang out with a few prospective significant others, it was nice to finally have time to be alone, with my thoughts that is. And that’s because, if there’s a comfort zone I’ve got the most used to is that of been the single gal’ enjoying been single. Although most of the people I know are either married with children, most recently married, or already divorced, I’m still one of those (as society would put it) still single. Does it bother me? Not at all. Do I want a significant other? Absolutely.

So what to do, what to do… put myself out there!!!! How to do it, there’s the challenge (yes, it is a challenge, at least for me). After reading a book that opened up some old wounds, cleared my mind from destructive thinking and gave me a new found perspective about why I might still be single, I’ve taken on the challenge to put myself out there and let some people in into my world, that which I’ve protected for so long. So far…well, I’ve had a few bumps along the ride. Though, there are no regrets. A few bumps here and there are just that, a few bumps. The more I put myself out there, the more I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and somewhere along the path I’ll come across my prince charming (yeah, yeah, I do believe in those too). A weekend away, not literally, from the dating scene helped me put things back into perspective. What am I looking for after all? A few drinks here and there, or my prince charming/partner in crime/company for the journey?

I guess I’m still working on that one. After all, I just stepped out of that comfort zone. I still have some work to do. In the mean time I’ll keep working on making sure I don’t lose focus of my bottom line. Yes, that which in business terms means net income, but in the dating world would be what you can’t do without; what gives you the most without losing yourself. I know I don’t want a relationship in brackets (is in negative, red, losing rather than gaining), or one that just brakes even. I want one that’s profitable. A win-win relationship. Isn’t that what we all should have?

2 comments:

FreddyG said...

I totally understadn where you are coming from. I have been on this whirlwind of job interviews for mid to high level management jobs andtrying to balance family, friends and the future.

It is very difficult when use the little time to actually put ourselves out there, because as we get older our time becomes more precious. I am seeing dating now as a job interview because that is the (wrong) mindset I am currently in, there fore I will wait till I have a job (and I am close).

Being single is fun, being in relationship is fun. Just never compromise your standards because you are in a particular time in your life.

Your Southwest Airlines Friend,

Fred

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.