Thursday, March 8, 2007

Dinner, laughs and some memories

For the first time since I moved to what has been the best second chance I have had, California, I had a friend visit me, while on a business trip. It was nice for me to actually show somebody where I live, where I hang out and just share how wonderful life has been for me lately.

While having dinner at the best sushi place I’ve been so far, where flavors are blended in ways unimaginable, we shared memories, laughs and good times. She told me about her moving in with her boyfriend (that guy that we had talked about months ago when it all was just starting), the changes in her life as she moved miles away from home to give it a chance, and how she never thought she would have done something like that.

Just that made me think again about how life sometimes ‘just knows better’. How we might plan the perfect life, the perfect relationship, and then we get it, but wrapped up in a different package. And then we are put in a situation were a decision must be made that will ultimately take you back a few steps, or take you forward. And so, my friend took a leap forward and I can’t be more proud of her. Her courage to give it a try, to step out, reminds me that sometimes life is filled with unpredictable strings of circumstances that will test us and set edges which we must learn to polish.

I think the best friends in life are those who teach you the most without any effort, other than that of been a genuine human being. I don’t regret the steps I’ve taken, or cry over the walls I’ve had to brake on my way out of my comfort zone, because the friends that I’ve made on my journey have made it all worth while.

To my friends from Puerto Rico who saw the rough sketches of the person I am today and am still working to become, to my friends from Denver (one in Texas now) who saw me through rough times, and to my friends from California who have given me a new definition of life… I can’t say this enough, thank you

No comments: