Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roots, rocks, Salsa… this a Salsa music

If you see me Salsa dancing, you might see a hint of my half Cuban, half Puerto Rican roots… Salsa just runs in my veins. I’ve always loved dancing, but never took the time to do it more than just every other family wedding or every other outing 6 months apart that just happened to end up at a Salsa dancing place. Though, 2008 has become the year of me doing the things that make ME the happiest. And, it just so happens that dancing is on top of the list.

There is nothing in this world that makes me happier and more in tune with where I come from than Salsa dancing. Thanks to a really good friend who would always say “let’s go Salsa dancing!” I started dancing on a regular basis. Now, I just can’t get enough of it. Not only is it bringing out my roots, it is also giving me new friends, many nights of joy and an overall sense of satisfaction.

Now, every Wednesday night I have a commitment to myself, my dancing shoes and my new friends. Now, I look forward to every Wednesday!

Thanks Katherine!

No comments: