Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moving a mountain…

Recently, I was reminded about the idea of how one person can move a mountain. How sometimes it can take one person, with one simple goal, to drive and create change. Although that one person might not be able to move the mountain alone, he/she can sure call on some help!

Idea! + Action = Mountain moved

So, I’ve identified a mountain, and I’m on a quest to move it. For clarification purposes, the mountain in case is called “closing the gap on volunteers at an organization” and the organization in case, Child Advocates of Silicon Valley (www.bemyadvocate.org), a local non-profit whose mission is to provide stability and hope to abused, abandoned or neglected children in Santa Clara County Foster Care system.

As a volunteer at the organization I’ve had the opportunity to Pay It Forward and work towards helping raise awareness about the organization among the Latino Community in the area, and also increase their volunteer base. On my pursuit to do my part, I’ve come across wonderful people willing to help that have reminded me about the power in each of us to make a difference. About how one gesture of kindness can have a positive “ripple effect” and help move a mountain, any mountain. And, because I’ve seen that positive “ripple effect” in full force, I have been completely renovated and inspired.

So, in hopes that one of you out there might be interested in helping me move that mountain, here’s more information about the organization: www.bemyadvocate.org.

(Insert shameless plug here)

To all of my kickballers out there, I hope to see you on the 25th of this month and thanks in advance for your support. Big, big thanks to Paul diBari for taking the shirts idea to raise funds and running with it!

“I believe in the power of each individual to be part of a cause greater than themselves and to be an active agent in the change we need in the world.”
Zilaida Salgueiro


P.S. More to come!!!!

About Child Advocates
Child Advocates of Silicon Valley has been providing essential services to children in the Santa Clara County foster care system since 1986. The organization trains and supports Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers to work one-on-one with children, helping to ensure that each child will live in a safe and loving environment and has the resources needed to grow up healthy and strong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to eѵeгy , since I am in faсt
keen of reading this weblog's post to be updated daily. It carries good information.

My homepage ... lloyd irvin

Anonymous said...

Sοmeοne essеntiallу lend a hand
to mаke significantlу articles I would state.
That is the very fігѕt tіme I frequentеd your web
page and up to now? І surprised with the геsearch
уou mаde to create this actual post extгaordіnaгy.
Mаgnificent ρrocеss!

Herе іs mу blog reputation management