Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh to be young… and learn to go with the flow…

As we get older life either gets more complicated or we learn to go with the flow… I’ve tried to go with the latter since I’m always working on reinventing myself, either by means of a new point of view, new hobby, new goal, or as it has happened in the last 3 years, just a new place to call home.

Although some would debate the decisions that I’ve made and the conclusions I’ve come to about the many things life has thrown at me, looking back I can say I’m happy with them, and I’ve made peace with a lot, if not all, of those that might have caused a few sleepless nights.

Today, as I celebrate one more year on earth, I also celebrate where I am, and where I’m going. I celebrate the friends I’ve made along the way, the challenges that have made me a stronger and more independent woman, the joys of experiencing new things, the tears of pushing my boundaries to become a better person and the overall satisfaction that comes with seeing the life I've always wanted and how the tools to get there are provided along the way.

Tonight I’ll be celebrating the welcoming to the “late twenties” by doing one of the things that make me the happiest… I’m going Salsa dancing!!! Some of my friends will be joining and I’ll be sharing with them a piece of me that screams Puerto Rican! I’ll be sharing one of the things that reminds me where I’m from, what makes me who I am and what life is all about; I’ve learned to go with the flow by dancing to my own rhythm and always having “the music in me”.

So, if you ever see me walking with a huge smile on my face and kinda’ going side to side, no I haven’t had “one to many”, I’m probably going with the flow with some Salsa music in the background :)

Oh, to be young and celebrate life!

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments: